Thursday, 17 July 2014
Monday, 30 June 2014
Friday, 23 May 2014
Wednesday, 23 April 2014
Sunday, 20 April 2014
Serves: 2 Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 3 hours
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 stems of thyme
3 cloves of garlic
1 lb beef fingers, chopped into large chucks
3 Tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 bottle of cheap red wine
3 carrots chopped into large chunks
1. Chop shallots and garlic.
2. Heat oil in a cocotte or large pot that has a lid.
3. Add chopped shallots and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add half of meat chunks and sear for approximately 3-4, remove seared meat from pan and repeat with rest of beef.
5. Lower heat and return all beef to pan, sprinkle flour over the beef and stir.
6. Add the thyme and wine to pot.
6. Make sure flame is very low and simmer for 2 hours, stir occasionally. If too much liquid evaporates no msg beef stock can be added. If it is to wet remove the lid for awhile.
7. Add chopped carrots and simmer for an additional hour.
Serve with either mashed potatoes or gluten free pasta
4 russet potatoes
3 Tablespoons low fat cream cheese
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
2. Peel potatoes, cut into large pieces.
3. Add potatoes to boiling water, boil for about 10 minutes or until they are soft (when you poke with fork the fork should come out easily)
4. Drain potatoes
5. Return to pot add cream cheese, butter and milk and mash until smooth.